Have you eaten at OFFBEET? Our food is not your average plant based food. We like to think outside of the box! Now you have the chance to learn how to cook like us. The level one diploma is aimed at beginner cooks and for those who have recently transitioned to a plant based diet. It’s a fully immersive cooking experience with the focus on practical experience, not demos or theory like many schools. We will start you at the beginning and teach you everything from knife skills to plating techniques and of course how to make amazing food. This course introduces you to many of the alternatives and cooking techniques you will need to further your repertoire and skills in the plant based world.
All students will be given a comprehensive recipe and theory pack including a pdf version of all material taught on the diploma. On successful completion of this course, you will be presented with a certificate.
Some of the skills you might learn at the academy are:
- Making stocks, soups, breads and pastry
- Basic nut milks, creams and cheeses
- Basic meat alternatives including seitan
- Master how to make a moist, indulgent vegan cake with any flavour you choose
- Working with tofu and how to apply different tofu to different applications
- Knife skills, become safer, quicker and more accurate with your knife
- Making indulgent pasta, taco, rice and noodle dishes with ease
***Please Note: This course requires a minimum of 6 students to run***