Job Title: Restaurant Assistant
Contract: Part Time / Full Time – Permanent
Application Closing Date: 30th September 2021
Location: The Retreat, Hinton, Christchurch BH23 7EF
Offbeet is coming back bigger and better than ever as we relocate to The Retreat, and we are looking for enthusiastic front of house team members. As a vegan establishment, we are striving to be one of the best vegan eateries in the World (we like to think big!). We are therefore looking for people with a passion for plant based cuisine.
Experience working in a serving capacity, including bar work will be beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided. Excellent customer service skills highly desirable. All team members will be expected to take part in preparation and cleaning tasks as required.
Hours of work – Full time (40 hours per week) and part time hours available. The restaurant will be open for brunch, lunch and evening meals throughout the week. Team members will be required to work a variety of hours on a rotational basis, including weekends and bank holidays.
Salary – We offer a competitive starting salary with scope for personal development and regular reviews.
Your role will include
- Barista duties – Dialling in espresso, maintaining equipment and developing knowledge within the team.
- Serving food and drink to customers, clearing and resetting tables.
- Taking customer orders, payments and bookings.
- Setting up and closing down the restaurant areas including daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties.
Would be awesome if you had these skills
- An eye for detail and creative flair to ensure the restaurant stays organised, clean and on brand.
- A love for plant based food and drink, bringing your own creative ideas to the team.
- A self starter with the ability to get jobs done efficiently and with little supervision.
- Multi-tasking ninja – the ability to juggle multiple jobs, at warp speed and to the highest quality.
- Commercially savvy – commercial awareness helps to identify waste, time management and profit opportunities.
Perks of the job
OFFBEET is a fast paced growing business with a modern approach to everything we do. We love to rock the apple cart and ask, ‘can we do something differently’. You will be joining at a very exciting time when growth is rocketing and new venues are opening. We want you to be part of that and hopefully grow with us.
In return for everything you bring to OFFBEET, we can offer you an exciting career path with plenty of opportunities along the way for progression. We also encourage all staff within the company to be involved in new projects, creativity work and getting as much experience as you can.