Job Title: Trainee Chef
Contract: Full Time – Permanent
Location: The Retreat, Hinton, Christchurch, BH23 7EF
Our flagship plant-based restaurant based at The Retreat New Forest is looking for chefs to join our kitchen team.
As a vegan establishment, we are striving to be one of the best vegan eateries in the World (we like to think big!) We consistently receive fantastic reviews and are looking for chefs who can help to create our innovative plant-based dishes. Everything is made from scratch including vegan cheeses, so you will have the opportunity to learn unusual and imaginative cooking techniques. Take a look at our website and menu for more information about the food and drink we offer.
Experience working in a professional kitchen will be beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided. All team members will be expected to take part in preparation, cleaning and serving tasks as required.
Hours of work – Full time (40 hours per week) and part time hours available.
The restaurant is currently open for lunch (Saturday and Sunday) and evening meals (Thursday to Saturday) but we do hope to increase this as we grow our team. Therefore you will be required to work a variety of hours on a rotational basis, including weekends and bank holidays, with some late finishes.
Your role will include:
- Assisting the team to setup and close the kitchen.
- Preparing food according to recipes and within deadlines.
- Maintaining the highest standards of hygiene.
- Cooking food to order during service.
- Stocktaking, ordering and cleaning schedules.
It would be awesome if you had these skills:
- An eye for detail to ensure the kitchen stays organised, clean and efficient.
- A love for plant based food and drink, bringing your own creative ideas to the team.
- A self starter with the ability to get jobs done efficiently and with little supervision.
- Multi-tasking ninja – the ability to juggle multiple jobs, at warp speed and to the highest quality.
- Commercially savvy – commercial awareness helps to identify waste, time management and profit opportunities
Perks of the job
OFFBEET is a fast paced growing business with a modern approach to everything we do. We love to rock the apple cart and ask, ‘can we do something differently’. You will be joining at a very exciting time and we want you to be part of that and hopefully grow with us.
In return for everything you bring to OFFBEET, we can offer you an exciting career path with plenty of opportunities along the way for progression. We also encourage all staff within the company to be involved in new projects, creativity work and getting as much experience as you can.
To Apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for the OFFBEET team to: email@example.com