Job Title: Trainee Chef
Contract: Part Time / Full Time – Permanent
Application Closing Date: 30th June 2021
Location: The Retreat, Hinton, Christchurch, BH23 7EF
Offbeet is coming back bigger and better than ever as we relocate to The Retreat, and we are looking for enthusiastic trainee chefs to join our team. As a vegan establishment, we are striving to be one of the best vegan eateries in the World (we like to think big!). We are therefore looking for people with a passion for plant based cuisine.
Experience working in a professional kitchen will be beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided. All team members will be expected to take part in preparation, cleaning and serving tasks as required.
Hours of work – Full time (40 hours per week) and part time hours available. The restaurant will be open for brunch, lunch and evening meals throughout the week. Team members will be required to work a variety of hours on a rotational basis, including weekends and bank holidays.
Your role will include
- Assisting the team to setup and close the kitchen.
- Preparing food according to recipes and within deadlines.
- Maintaining the highest standards of hygiene.
- Cooking food to order during service.
- Stocktaking, orders and cleaning schedules.
Would be awesome if you had these skills
- An eye for detail to ensure the kitchen stays organised, clean and efficient.
- A love for plant based food and drink, bringing your own creative ideas to the team.
- A self starter with the ability to get jobs done efficiently and with little supervision.
- Multi-tasking ninja – the ability to juggle multiple jobs, at warp speed and to the highest quality.
- Commercially savvy – commercial awareness helps to identify waste, time management and profit opportunities.
Perks of the job
OFFBEET is a fast paced growing business with a modern approach to everything we do. We love to rock the apple cart and ask, ‘can we do something differently’. You will be joining at a very exciting time and we want you to be part of that and hopefully grow with us.
In return for everything you bring to OFFBEET, we can offer you an exciting career path with plenty of opportunities along the way for progression. We also encourage all staff within the company to be involved in new projects, creativity work and getting as much experience as you can.