These cookies by Lisa Axworthy are too good. Crispy on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle. Perfect dunked in your favourite brew.
What you’ll need
- 160g gluten free rolled oats
- 140g gluten free plain flour
- 1tsp xanthum gum
- 1tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 3tbsp maple syrup
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp soy milk
- 40g peanut butter
- 40g sultanas
- 100g Billington’s molasses (granulated not liquid)
- 115g vegan spread
Let’s get cooking
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Add the oats, flour, cinnamon, bicarb and salt to a bowl and mix together.
- Cream the vegan spread and molasses together. Then add the vanilla extract and maple syrup, mix well.
- Combine the two mixtures and mix by hand until quite crumbly.
- Finally add the soy milk and mix until you can start to form little cookie dough balls. If the mixture won’t stay together, add a little more milk.
- Roll the cookie dough into equal sized balls until all the mixture is used. Place evenly spaced on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 15 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool on a cooling rack and they will start to firm up.
- Dunk away!